Chattanooga in Tennessee, USA, offers an exciting and affordable holiday chocked-full of adventure, whether you’re visiting with family or friends.
You’ll Love Chattanooga if…
- The family want an adventure
- You are a lover of the outdoors
- You like learning about the history of the places you visit
Perfect Adventure Holidays in Chattanooga
Chattanooga is an outdoor paradise, with its winding rivers, white water rapids and picturesque mountain ranges; it is easy to see why it’s often referred to as the ‘Scenic City’. There are many outdoor activities and points of interest, that you will mean you have to start planning your holiday to Chattanooga now to fit it all in.
- The Chattanooga Choo-Choo is world famous thanks to the legendary song by Glenn Miller, but also with its rich railway history, there are plenty of opportunities to learn about the city’s love affair with trains, whether you visit the former Terminal Station or the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum in East Chattanooga
- Take the family to the Tennessee Riverpark. Not only a great place to take walks, ride bikes and do some bird watching, but an ideal location for a picnic, helping keep your holiday to Chattanooga cost-effective
- Rent a kayak just outside of downtown Chattanooga and go flat-water paddling with your family, whilst you take in the awe-inspiring Tennessee River Gorge.
Top 5 Must Do Activities in Chattanooga
Planning your cost-effective holiday to Chattanooga, but not sure what there is to see and where there is to go? At lowcostholidays.com, we recommend:
- First stop on your holiday to Chattanooga, the Chattanooga Choo Choo Station House. You can stay in an authentic ‘traincar’, visit the model train museum and, after a hard day on the railroad tracks, visit the Station House restaurant for some fun, family entertainment
- Though of course no holiday to Chattanooga would be complete without a visit to the Station House, Chattanooga also offers a medley of different outdoor adventures. Whether your interest be biking, canoeing or rock climbing, there is an activity for you and your family. For the more daredevil amongst you, you can try your hand at white-water rafting
- Treat the family to a trip to Lake Winnepesaukah, a fantastic family-themed amusement park that offers all the usual fairground fun, but also puts on rock concerts and other events
- Only a few miles from Downtown Chattanooga, make sure you visit Lookout Mountain. You can appreciate the natural beauty of the Tennessee landscape as well as visit the stunning Lula Lake
- Take a once in a lifetime adventure deep below the surface of Lookout Mountain for a breath-taking view of the 145 foot underground waterfall, Ruby Falls
Overview originally published on lowcostholidays.com