If you are looking for the perfect family island getaway, then look no further than a holiday at Hilton Head Island in South Carolina, USA. Named as one of the top 10 family beaches in the country, the island offers all you need for that unforgettable, yet cost-effective, family break.
You’ll Love Hilton Head Island if…
- You are a fan of wildlife and nature
- The family want a beach holiday
- You are looking for an activity-packed holiday
- You are looking for a golfing holiday
Perfect Beach Holidays for the Family at Hilton Head Island
Hilton Head Island in South Carolina, USA, is one of the most family-friendly beach destinations in the country, with a balmy year-round temperature, stunning beaches, golf courses and plenty of outdoor activities to choose from.
- Sea marshes, creeks, pine forests, flowers, lagoons and 12 miles of beach ensure that if you are looking to soak up the sun and explore the great outdoors, a holiday to Hilton Head Island is ideal for you.
- Rent some Jet Skis or a boat and take the family on your own tour of the Island! There are plenty of places you can get sailing lessons and/or instructors, so don’t worry if you are not a born sailor.
- Head down to the Coastal Discovery Museum and learn all about the wildlife that inhabits Hilton Head Island and the local history.
Top 5 Must Do Activities in Hilton Head Island
If you are planning your cost-effective holiday to Hilton Head Island, but not sure what there is to see and where there is to go. At lowcostholidays.com, we recommend:
Hilton Head Island could not be more perfect for foodies and wine lovers. Every March, the Annual Hilton Head Island Wine and Food Festival serve up delicious wines and gourmet cuisine for a full six days.
If you fancy something a little different to the sun, sea and sand, then try out one of the many golf courses. Hilton Head Island is one of the top golfing destinations in the US and with its temperate climate and luscious scenery; it is not hard to see why.
Take a chartered boat out to an offshore wreck or go on a night shark fishing trip.
Go for a tour of the beautiful Island – on horseback. Stables, such as Lawton Stables, offer Western-style trail rides, pony rides and horse-riding lessons. There is even a small animal farm that is free to enter.
Get that vied after snap that sums up your entire holiday; head to the top of the Harbour Town Lighthouse and take some gorgeous panoramic shots of the golf courses, marina and ocean.
Originally published on lowcostholidays.com