Whether you’re looking for a relaxed or action-packed family holiday, Rapid City in South Dakota, USA, truly does have it all. From the Black Hills to Mount Rushmore, there is something for every member of the family in Rapid City.
You’ll Love Rapid City If…
- You are a lover of the outdoors and enjoy exploring.
- You and your family want a holiday in the USA filled with new adventures.
- You like learning about local history.
Explore Rapid City
- No holiday to South Dakota would be complete without a visit to the Mount Rushmore National Memorial. Located just outside of Rapid City; George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt look down on you from a vast mountainside, high above the Black Hills. In the summer the park rangers put on an evening show at the park’s amphitheatre, resulting in the illumination of the monument, truly an awe-inspiring sight.
- The world’s largest mammoth research is located in Hot Springs. The paleontological site and museum displays the largest concentration of mammoths ever found in the world. There are also educational classes where you are able to learn more in depth about mammoths and the area’s history.
- Just across the border in Wyoming stands Devils Tower, the first national monument, proclaimed by President Roosevelt in the early 1900s. Standing over a 1000ft above the picturesque Belle Fourche River, legend has it that the rock appeared out of nowhere to save two boys from a bear.
Why a Rapid City Holiday?
- There is plenty to plan on your family holiday to Rapid City. The Dinosaur Park, The Journey Museum, Storybook Island and Bear Country USA are just some of the fabulous activities on offer.
- If you fancy something a little different, then take the family on a cruise through the winding roads of the Black Hills. With 68-miles of road ahead of you and a host of different trails, from the Needles Highway to the Peter Norbeck Scenic Byway, you could never get bored
- Downtown Rapid City is host to a variety of different shops and restaurants, suitable for any tastes. Look out for the City of Presidents, a collection of life-size bronze statues of America’s past presidents that line downtown’s streets.
Overview originally published lowcostholidays.com