On the 30th August I was lucky (super lucky, in fact) and I received an email informing me that I had won the South Bank Super Prize; the biggest competition that the South Bank had ever run with 15 different prizes for just one winner! The prizes included a three course dinner at Chino Latino, vouchers for YO! Sushi, Wagamama, Giraffe and Feng Sushi, a champagne experience on the London Eye and a whole host of theatre tickets.
At first I thought it was a con, some silly office prank, but when I replied to accept my prize I was instantly put in touch with someone at the Queen Elizabeth Hall who began booking me in for a series of shows to the Unlimited Festival. Let me get this straight, this kind of thing never happens to me; I’ve only won one thing in my life and that was a £20 voucher for guessing how many sweets were in a jar when I was a child. The first opportunity I got, I called my best friend and screamed down the phone to him in the style of a contestant who got through to the live shows on a TV talent show.
See below for the full list of the prizes and check back for reviews – first up, The Unlimited Festival at the Queen Elizabeth Hall.
- A three course dinner for two including a bottle of wine at Chino Latino
- A pair of tickets to see Hedda Gabler at The Old Vic (review here)
- A backstage tour for two at the National Theatre
- A pair of tickets for a Classic Tour with London Duck Tours
- A pair of River Roamer tickets on Thames Clippers
- A champagne experience for two onboard the EDF Energy London Eye
- A pair of tickets to Cecil Beaton, Theatre of War at IWM London with exhibition book
- A pair of tickets to three shows at the Unlimited Festival! at Southbank Centre (review here)
- BFI Southbank Hitchcock goody bag and two specially themed cocktails named ‘The Alfred Cocktail
- A Sunday roast for two at Gillray’s Steakhouse & Bar
- A personal shopping session for two at Foyles
- Meal vouchers for Giraffe
- Meal vouchers for Feng Sushi
- Meal vouchers for YO! Sushi
- Meal vouchers for Wagamama